Ways to encourage name writing:
- Use a variety of resources (see list on previous page for ideas)
- Create a name tag for your child to copy whilst they are still practicing
- Help your child to form their name out of dough, string, glitter glue or any other 3d substance; this will make writing their name a memorable experience!
- Write your child's name faintly - encourage them to write over the top in a coloured pen or pencil
- Help your child to make something decorative using their name, e.g. a sign for their bedroom door or a label for their book bag
- Sign letters/cards to give to other people (e.g. to friends, relatives, or even Santa!)
The following document is an example of how you could encourage your child to write their name everyday: