Ways to encourage writing at home:
- Use a variety of writing implements, e.g. wax crayons, highlighters, paint, chalk, water, sticks, coloured pens/pencils
- Use your finger/a stick to write in a variety of substances, e.g. condensation, flour, glitter, sand/dirt, paint, shaving foam
- Write outdoors, e.g. using mud, puddles, sticks - you could even write on walls with water or chalk!
- Use drawing apps, e.g. 'Kids Doodle' (which writes using a glow pen) or 'Sand Draw' (there are lots of free drawing apps available!)
- Have a project (e.g. create a scrapbook, illustrate a drawing)
If you attempt any independent writing at home, please bring it in and show us - we'd love to see what you can do! We might even put a picture on our website so everyone else can have a look!
Remember to say the rhymes for each letter whilst you write!
Education City has lots of activity sheets on it that can help your child to practice their writing. If you have lost your login, please don't hesitate to ask us for it!