Welcome to Lewis Class - Year 5
Class Teacher: Mr Redfern
Teaching Assistant: Miss Dorsett
Welcome To Summer Term
This is the information Lewis class need to know as they return to school.
- Lewis class will start promptly at 9:15am - if you have children in classes that start earlier, children can enter school with them as it was before Christmas and come up to class ready for 9:15am.
- Lewis class will finish their day at 3:15pm . Please arrive at 3:15 to collect your children, try not to gather large groups on the playground.
- Children will continue to be socially distanced as much as possible in the classroom. The room will be ventilated, with windows open, and surfaces will be cleaned regularly.
- Before and after school club is open.
- PE - there will be a PE session for each class, this will be on Wednesdays. Children can dress for PE for the whole day. Please ensure the outfit it appropriate for PE and the weather.
- Hot lunches are the same as it was before Christmas. So all children wanting a hot lunch, including those on free school meals, need to order these via the envelopes from the school office that Monday morning for the whole week.
- Break time snacks, these again are expected to be the same as they were before January. They need to be ordered and paid for each morning before the kitchen staff start to prepare.
- COVID-19, school is still sticking to it's strategy for managing the spread of the virus. We had low rates of infection in school before the Christmas break and would expect this to continue. Bubbles will remain isolated in classrooms, at break and lunch times. We ask that please can all adults wear a mask at all times on the school premises.
I look forward to seeing you all again,
Spring Half Term 2 - Lockdown 2021
Welcome back to online learning for another half term. I hope you had a nice quiet week off.
Please can I remind all parents/carers/pupils to email work through regularly unless you are collecting paper packs from school. This allows me to accurate track your progress.
The email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to hearing from you soon,
Covid-19 Lockdown: January 2021
Just below you will find the home learning section. Work will be separated into weeks/days accordingly. The first days learning will be posted on Wednesday 6th January 2021 and will be posted until children can safely return to school.
It is important that the children, families and school stay in touch during these difficult times. Please email me at:
as soon as possible to allow a regular method of 2 way communication. This will allow myself to keep you updated on any changes, discuss any concerns, share feedback about work or provide login information to any websites that we will use.
Stay safe, stay well. Hopefully we will see you soon.
Mr Redfern and Miss Dorsett.